Friday, November 04, 2005

Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton

"Would you know my name if I saw you in Heaven?
Would you feel the same if I saw you in Heaven?
I must be strong and carry on,'
Cause I know I don't belong here in Heaven ......

Would you hold my hand if I saw you in Heaven?
Would you help me stand if I saw you in Heaven?
I'll find my way, through night and day,'
Cause I know I just can't stay here in Heaven .....

Time can bring you down, time can bend your knees.
Time can break your heart, have you begging .... please ...
Beyond the door, there's peace I'm sure.
And I know there'll be no more tears in Heaven .......

Would you know my name if I saw you in Heaven?
Would you feel the same if I saw you in Heaven?
I must be strong and carry on,'
Cause I know I don't belong here in Heaven ....... "

This is probably one of the greatest songs of all time. It touches a raw nerve, of love, tragedy, grief and sorrow. "Tears in Heaven" is a tribute to Eric Clapton's pre-school son Conor Clapton, who died in an accident in 1991.

The death of his son had a deep and lasting impact on the legendary singer. After nine months of grieving, when he came back to the stage, his music had changed becoming softer, more powerful and reflective.

In "Tears In Heaven" composed by Eric Clapton and Will Jennings you will hear and feel Eric Clapton's pain and grief.

At the 1993 Grammy Awards, Clapton's recording of "Tears in Heaven" won the award for Best Pop Vocal Performance (Male Category), garnered Song of the Year honors for Clapton, and helped propel his "Unplugged" album into the Best Male Rock Vocal Performance spot and the winner's circle for the coveted Album of the Year prize.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This song has blessed me in so many ways i cant even begin to explain... this song reminds me that i will one day see my brother Andy who is in Heaven.

Sadie