Saturday, January 14, 2006

Afridi "booms" 27 Runs In An Over, The Second Highest In Record Books


It would have been a joy to watch Afridi in action today in the Pakistan versus India 2nd day of the 1st test. He delivered true to his name, Boom Boom Afridi, his fans call him affectionately for his agressive and hard hitting style of play. To the joy of his thousands of fans his 103 knock off 80 balls today included an over with 27 runs, the record holder for this feat being one of the greatest batsmen none other than Brian Lara with 28 runs.

The best compliment for Shaihid Afridi comes from Michael Holding when he said "Cricket is not cricket without Shahid Afridi". Few can disagree with this statement going by today's performance.

I don't see any reason why I should change my style of batting. I have scored all my runs in international cricket by playing aggressively and would continue that in the forthcoming series. I don’t know why but I like to chase bowlers,” Afridi said in an interview on the eve of this first Test. His fans will be eagerly watching to see their flamboyant batsman in the coming days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what an innings it must have been. I saw this guy in Melbourne play. he did not capitalise here though. Nevrtheless he is surely one of my favs.