Sunday, March 12, 2006

Oprah Winfrey Reveals Secrets of her Success


Newsweek has profiled twelve women, looking at the influence of the growing number of women rising to the top in the 21st century.

Winfrey Oprah is on top of the list.

Born into a poor Mississippi family in America, she has become one of the most successful women in the world.
In an article "How I Got There"she decsribes her passion that has made her one of the most successful media entrepreneurs.

Oprah is most famously known for her award-winning-talkshow. She is much more than a talk-show host. She is also a successful journalist, actress, producer, magazine founder, philantropist and more as you will see on her website.

In an interview Oprah said:

"I grew up with the American public, and everybody knows I worked hard for my success. When I started, my goal was just to have a job. I was 19 and I couldn't believe I was on TV. My first job paid $10,000 a year. I wanted to "make my age," and when I was 22, I was making $22,000."

She went on to say:


"I think that the show's been successful because I'm always aiming for the truth. I relate to the core of everyone's pain and promise because I've known pain and promise. I understand that the common denominator in the human experience from the thousands of people that I've talked to is that everybody just wants to be heard. Having that understanding and that connection has really given me wings to fly because I know that I can talk about anything to anybody with a sense of respect and integrity.

I'm very conscious and cautious about what I do in my personal life and what I put out into the universe through the airwaves because I realize I'm speaking to millions of people in 118 countries who all have their varying ways of interpreting what I have said."

1 comment:

Muhammadh said...

I do respect Oprah as a successful person. But i don't agree her show is all about relieving pain. It's a perfectly designed show to bring in tons of money. Donahue didn't survive because he was a man running around with a mic.