Sunday, April 16, 2006

A child's message of grace


''I know he didn't mean to do it,'' Kai Leigh Harriott, 5, said of the man whose stray gunshot left her paralyzed. (Globe Staff Photo / Essdras M. Suarez)

A five-year-old girl, Kai Leigh Harriott, wheelchair bound after a bullet paralyzed her three years ago, forgave the man who shot her and told him what he had done to her was wrong. She did this to his face, in court.

This is an amazing story of a little girl from Kansas City in the United States who faced upto the perpetrator whose bullet has paralysed her. Her poise and forgiveness to the man's face broke down the hearts of of many.

One of them said, I am humbled by her benevolence. She will always be an example to me of how good and untainted a human can be. I am 50 and she is five - yet she is light-years ahead of me.

Another person sobbed and said. ''I was sobbing not just because of what happened to her, but because a mother, in the year 2006, was able to raise that type of child."

How I wish there could be more mothers who could raise more children like this girl and make the world a more safer and peaceful place to live in.

No comments: