Sunday, May 14, 2006

A Betrayal Of Trust

"I was betrayed by someone I had no reason to distrust, especially after all the favors I had done for him," said Ruzana in a telephone interview from Sydney airport before boarding a plane for Kuala Lumpur.

"Because of him, 13 months of my life is gone. I could have achieved so much during that time. Now I have to start from scratch.

"The 36-year-old's outburst was targeted at an Iranian, identified only as Haj, whom she had befriended in Kuala Lumpur three months before she left for Sydney and carried a package for him at his request.

Although trust is one of the highest value that binds human relationships Ruzana should never have accepeted a package and carried it to another country without checking its contents. She is naive and unsuspecting and clearly has been trapped by a crooked individual whose intention is only to make money by illegal means. She has paid a price and hopefully there will be a lesson for many others in this unfortunate incident.

No comments: